Regardless of whether you are a recreational person, a professional athlete or just a lover of sightseeing by bike, Gacka offers bike routes for everyone's taste. From gravel and wooded routes ideal for mountain biking to paved roads ideal for a family experience on two wheels.
Take a ride through the Humac and Fortica hills, the park, or the town streets. Visit some of the nearby towns by traveling along the Gacka River. Visit the springs of Gacka, the Švica Lake, or the bears at the Kuterevo Bear Refuge. You'll understand why many bikers claim that Otočac and the Gacka Valley are riding paradises when you can smell the fields, hear the birds humming in the background, and yet feel the wilderness of the forest and a sense of peace.
We offer these six cycling routes:
- BARKAN'S TRAIL (42.6 km)
- TRAIL OF THREE LAKES (30.8 km)
- DABAR BREVIJAR TRAIL (37.3 km)
- URSA MAJOR TRAIL (34.7 km)
- HAJDUČKA DRAGA TRAIL (52 km)
- JURJEVE STIJENE TRAIL (34.7 km)
If you forgot to bring your bike or don't have one at all, don't worry because here you can rent a regular or electric bike (www.velebit.info), and if you don't want to pedal yourself, contact one of the three licensed bike guides.
- Dražen Benčić, mobile number 098-164-2362
- Josip Kraljić, mobile number 095-199-9124
- Hrvoje Mudrovčić, mobile number 099-8199-282